After more than 25 years working in large and small organisations, Tim believes that the key to everything is:
- Pragmatism, and
- Fact or data-based decision making.
Tim’s particular consulting expertise and interests lie in the following areas:
- Organisational Leadership Culture and Change
- Building High Performance Teams
- The use of data to drive and inform business decisions including:
- Organisational Strategy and Planning
- Leadership Development and Performance Cultures
- Recruitment and selection (internal and external)
- CRM and Sales Management Systems
- Board and Leadership Team assessments
- Psychometric Testing and Insights
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
Success is about people regardless of the level of technology involved or the process that we build if we can’t get it right from a people perspective then we are screwed. This might me internally around our people and the processes that we build for them or externally around the design of a website or a digital fulfilment process, at the end of the day pragmatism and an unrelenting focus on people is critical to success.
Fact-Based Decision Making
Fact and data based decision making is the single most neglected area of modern organisations. Decisions are made all day, everyday and often with minimal data or incomplete data or facts to work with. Sometimes, decisions have to be made without all of the facts and this is part of skill of being a leader. This situation actually occurs rarer than people would think, and often has nothing to do with whether the facts are available or not but rather with the individual’s own emotional response, or ego, or their refusal to invest in finding out the facts.
A good example of this is recruitment. There are plenty of solutions available to clarify roles, key traits to be successful in them, selection processes to reduce recruitment risk, however, all too often, organisations recruit the wrong people and place them in the wrong roles, and then wonder why the business implodes. Ego often gets in the way of being guided by the available data.
The Critical Factor is the leading Australasian reseller of the Pipedrive CRM system and as such consults around the region in the use of this system to increase sales and drive results.